- Excellent Portable Campfire For Dry Regions Review by Bryn
We bought our Outland Firebowl at a local hardware store while away on a camping trip as the forest fire danger was 'Extreme' and all campfires were banned, except for CSA-approved propane fires like this one.
It's a nice sized unit - it would almost fit inside the standard BC campground metal fire pits if you wanted to. The heat output is great and the fire looks very realistic once the rocks have heated up to a nice glow. I miss poking at logs but otherwise the experience is just like a real campfire.
It does definitely use a fair bit of propane - we used ours on 'Low' which was plenty of heat for us. I had a 10lb propane bottle I'd brought with us for our trip to use with our portable BBQ, it was pretty empty after a night's use. I swapped the 20lb bottle from our trailer over and used that for the next two nights. This firebol is rated at 58,000 BTU which is nearly 4lb of propane per hour, I'd figure it's about half that on Low. Even a 20lb cylinder wouldn't last too long on high so pace yourself if you're on a longer trip! I bought myself a nice 30lb cylinder once I got home so I can use the firebowl on our deck a bunch of times before having to refill. (Posted on 7/20/15)
- Love it. Review by Wingman
- This is one good product, love it. The parts they used to make this are high quality, I use mine day in and day out and it is still like brand new. (Posted on 6/8/15)
- Excellent purchase Review by Dwc
- Bought one for our son and daughter in law when visiting them in bc .came back to sask and wish I would have brought 10 with me. Excellent we'll build and all around great product. Made in BC. Canada. (Posted on 6/6/14)
- Great for the price! Review by Jeff V
- Looked at many types of propane firepits, all had some kind of issue and we couldn't decide on a model to buy! I stumbled upon this pit and thought for the price it was a great way to try out a firepit before spending a lot of money. Well this little firepit met all of our expectations at a really great price. I would highly recommend the unit ! (Posted on 11/10/13)
- Great product Review by bigtopper
- Using this at RV Parks with my motorhome. Great ambiance, lots of heat on those cool evenings and great value for the money. All my guests want one!! (Posted on 11/3/13)
- Great Fire Pit Review by william
I have ordered 3 of these units to give as gifts because we love ours so much.
I have allergies and this unit gives off no odors!
I put the unit on my deck and have had no problems to date. The cover is a great accessory. (Posted on 10/15/13)
- Excellent Product Review by Bounder35K Brian
- Used this product last season. Perfect in all respects and great value for the money. Fully recommend it for any outdoor application (Posted on 1/30/13)
- awesome unit Review by jimbo
this little unit is just awesome, we live in the middle of a forest that is very susceptable to wild fire so are under fire ban almost all summer. I have had the fire warden come and check our unit and it meets all the requirements
the unit puts out nice heat has a very attractive flame and looks good sitting on our deck. we did purchase a wood burning bowl with a ledge around it that allowed us to raise the unit and give a place to set your drink or hold your feet close to the flame
awesome and very well priced (Posted on 8/18/12)
- Outland fire bowl. Very good product. Review by Little Dave.
- I have used this product for one and a half months on various camping trips. The fire bowl is also used at the lake house throughout the week. I found the product to be outstanding for the price. The heat on cool nights , the light it casts , the simple good looks and the quality combine for outstanding value. I would and will purchase another as required. (Posted on 8/14/12)
- Just like a real fire, best deal out there. Review by Kurt
I bought one of these a few weeks back upon doing a lot of searching out there.
This has one of the highest btu's and decent sizer flames of others on the market. I would not waste my time with the large Costco ones or the expensive landscaped tiled ones as they put out barely any heat.
I checked other brands and the closest comparable out of the USA was nearly 3x what I paid.
I run mine at 3/4 to half and it puts off plenty of heat. At full you need to sit back as though throwing too much wood on the camp fire - the flame is just great.
(Posted on 7/21/12)